Monday, July 10, 2017

RANIA ANGELAKOUDI



RANIA ANGELAKOUDI

CROSSING THE LANDS

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
to where it bent in the undergrowth;
that’s what Frost said!
And…I crossed the road lead me to you
And....I found you!
Among the mists of the cloudy forests
among the flowers and trees
among the buses and the leaves
I heard the voice of your breath!

And think a while in silence
For those who loved you more dear!
For they are the ones
Who will never meant
To cause you sorrow or pain!
And bring this one with you
To those bright colorful land
Holding softly the hand!

Thanks for the trial..
For the direction..
For the discovery..
Thanks for everything!






THE BOOK OF YOUR EYES

Reading the book of your eyes
believe me I was surprised!
Meeting you I emphasized
the reason you were unique!
troublesome were the issue
difficult book to go on..
I really want to say I’ve missed you
But I must hang on!

Close your eyes softly
to stop reading this book
let me touch its cover
And make my trouble over!





Ι WILL

I will clean the rocks of your road
To find it easy when you come
I’ll beg the birds.. The winds... Even the weather
To have some nest when you fly,
I’ll tell the nature to be pretty
To smell the perfumes of my land!
When it’s time to fly away
I’ll keep your breath deeply inside,
I’ll let my soul to decide
And hold the colour of your eyes
Softly... gently. by my side…


RANIA ANGELAKOUDI


RANIA ANGELAKOUDI was born in Kronanberg,Sweden a city she still visits and has close ties with as she lives in Greece.She’s been a citizen of the world from an early age,travelling and meeting people,sharing ideas and experiences with other artists about life,human affairs and Mother Nature,a subject close to her heart. Her English Language studies have allowed her to study,explore and inspired by the international literary scene. She currently works as an English Language teacher,dividing her time between her students and her two favourite pastimes,painting and primarily poetry. She has published poems in Greek and International Literary Journals receiving positive comments.This encouraged her to participate in various literary competitions where a number of her poems have received praise and awards. In 2005 her poem ‘For you’ was awarded an honourary distinction in competition organized by the Lions club. In 2009 her poem ‘Winning Life’ came second in a Panhellenic-Pancypriot competition organized by the Author’s club. In 2013 her poem ‘Orfic rite’ came third among hundreds of participating poems from Greece and Cyprus in a competition organized by the Municipality of Evosmos,Thessaloniki under the auspices of the Greek Ministry of Culture. In 2014 her poem ‘Pomegranate Tree Lane’ won the bronze metal in a European Literary Competition organized by the Municipality of Kessaria Kozani and the Vafopoulio Cultural Centre of Thessaloniki. In 2015 her poem ‘Of  Human Affairs’ translated in the Italian Language with the title ‘Rapporti Umani’came third in an international competition making Rania the first Greek poet to be awarded a distinction by the PiGrecoZen corporation under the auspices of the Italian Ministry of culture and the Municipality of Ankona. In 2016 her poem ‘In Shallow waters’came fifth among a number of entries from London,Germany,Greek,and Cyprus during the 9th meeting of Contemporary Artists held by the Literary Journal ‘Pnoes Logou’.She has also contributed work to the collection of poems ‘In the city of ideas’along with other distinguished poets and in the anthology ‘A Poets Fest’published by Orion Publications.Anumber of her poems can also be found in the anthology ‘Oh Love’by Ianos Publications and the Literary Journal’ Keleno’.She is a number of the writers Association of Nothern Greece and the Club of UNESCO of Piraeus and islands

1 comment:

  1. Poetess Rania's work is an inspiration. Diving deep into the mysterious, and glorious subject of love, and the lengths we go to in order to keep it, and hold it forever. I very much enjoyed your poems! Barbara Suen USA Keep writing Rania!

    ReplyDelete