Monday, July 10, 2017

IULIA GHERGHEI



IULIA GHERGHEI

SLOW MOTION SPRING

Cherries, bowls of cherries
And this spring, cold and rainy
Brings nightmarish October dreams
Creepy in every way, this year will
Skip summer
We will have a full twelve months fall
Yeah, will fall soaring first
Over flooded lands and then
Bang will crack the asphalt
Cherries, bowls of cherries
Cherries from another spring
Dreams, warm dreams from a midnight summer
Fairies left without a prince
Ruins, rags and death
Spread as crumbles of this world






A SEA OF FOG

The fog is in my tea
My nostrils are tickled by its warm vapours

A sea of fog is slowly moving towards me
The birds are silent
My enemies, the pigeons have hidden
Somewhere safe
The pressure makes my bones sore

And I, the ship, creaking from every nail
Straighten my sail
And cut the wall of vapours with my sword
On deck the pirates, the slime pirates
Drunken and lazy
Dream of mermaids

And, I, the ship, timid and light
I choose the sky line to free this carcass from the pillow of fog






ARABESQUE

Another spring stirs the hormones
Rebels, the youngsters think they own the wind
As butterflies own the flower
Before they fly to other sky
Essences, little fairy businesses
Secretly, run your brain cells
Quite intriguing how the chemicals
Urge themselves into a smile and
Evidently, your stare welcomes a craving now

IULIA GHERGHEI

IULIA GHERGHEI, Romanian poet, writing in English, published her début book, "Prisoners of Cinema Paradiso" , at blurb.com in 2012. In 2014 she received the" Poet of the Year" title on Destiny Poets site,  run by Louis Kasatkin. In 2015 she won the Blackwater Poetry group contest with her poem " Lost in blue curtains". She was part of many anthologies, " The Significant Anthology" , edited by Ampat Koshy was published in 2015 is one of them.


1 comment: