Monday, July 10, 2017

ZANNETA KALYVA – PAPAIOANNOU

ZANNETA KALYVA – PAPAIOANNOU


TOGETHER ON THE SEASHORE

A morning in Varkiza
by the sea,
hand in hand,
we got together.

The sea was wetting
softly our feet
and we were dreaming
to be each other’s arms.

We were wet and we were dry
playing on the sand
and writing on it
“I love you” – “Te amo”.





TOGETHER ON THE MOUNTAIN

Together on the mountain
we met one day,
we were wandering,
picking the best wild flowers.

We were playing with a daisy
“you love me?”, “you don’t love me?”
but  I’ll always remember
when you started kissing me.

You were telling me tender,
beautiful and teasing words.
I passed my time joyfully
and I felt loving you much more.





OF  LOVE

Up there high in Dilophos
I sat to watch
to write a triptych,
to bewitch you.

For you, my baby,
that I loved so much.
You that I missed
and I see you in my dream.

For you and me,
birds will sing,
for ever our love
they ’ll slow sing.

I’ll come beside you quickly,
your lips to kiss
and I promise you
not to leave you again.

ZANNETA KALYVA - PAPAIOANNOU
GREECE

Dr. ZANNETA KALYVA-PAPAIOANNOU was born in Larissa. She comes from Vachlia, a small Arcadian village. She is poetess and author. Her work has been published in national and international  newspapers and magazines. Her poems there are in Anthologies and have been translated in English, Chinese, Albanian, Italian, Spanish and Korean. Her writing has won international and national prizes. She is a member of the WAAC/WCP (which awarded her the title Doctor of Literature), of the IWA, of the “Union of Greek Writers”, of the “WPS”, of the Accademia Ferdinandea (Italy), of the Literary Club “Xasteron”, of the Literary Club of Helioupolis, of the International Society of Greek Writers  & Artists, of the «Poetas del Mundo» («Poets of the World») and many social Associations of Greece. She referred in the American “Who’s Who” and in “I. B. of Cambridge” (U.K.). She has published the books: “MEMORIES”, narrative stories from her childhood, Athens 2001. “A LIFE’S NOTES”, poems (Greek-English), Athens 2002. “LIFE’S ESSENCE”, poems and short stories, Athens 2003 and  “WITH MY HEART’S WINGS”, a collection of poems (Greek, Chinese, Italian, English and French), Athens 2005& 2007. Country of origin: GREECE Mother Language: GREEK Nationality: GREEK Place of living: Helioupolis, Athens



No comments:

Post a Comment