Monday, July 10, 2017

WANDA DUSIA STAŃCZAK


WANDA DUSIA STAŃCZAK

WOMAN'S LIFE

Stripped with gold thread
frowned like socks
laughter like diamonds
tears like pearls

this is normal  woman's life
(TRANSLATOR: AUTHORESS)






MEMORIES...

A few petals of the rosebush
fell right on my terrace
I thought to myself: I`m only wasting my time
and I untied my hair
a crying seagull
drowned out your steps
you smelled like dusk
immersed in surf
the letters trembled when you whispered
you look gorgeous
I was wearing only an amber necklace
(TRANSLATOR: WOJCIECH KALIŃSKI)






ONE DAY...

One day I`ll go on my last holidays
I`ll walk upstairs for the last time
and turn my key in the lock
I`ll fry pancakes for the last time
and read my last book
a naughty streak of  my fringe will fall down
to my eyes
and I`ll do up the zip of my red skirt
I`ll have the last sip of coffee
from my favourite  cup with red poppy-seed flowers on
and I`ll kiss somebody with a last smile
and I`ll drop my last tear

how much hope can this "one day" give...

(TRANSLATOR: WOJCIECH KALIŃSKI)
**********************************
WANDA "DUSIA" STAŃCZAK
WANDA "DUSIA" STAŃCZAK President of the Association of Polish Authors (Warsaw). Culture animator. She organizes and conducts open-air and literary workshops. It also deals with the preparation and edited international anthologies. She has published 14 volumes of poetry. Winner of many competitions. From 12 years is a cabaret head.  She is from Poland. Polish is her language. She lives in Poland (Warsaw)



No comments:

Post a Comment