Monday, July 10, 2017

SHAMENAZ BANO



SHAMENAZ BANO

ALL WORSHIPS ARE SAME

All Worships are same but ways are different,
A Maulavi goes to Mosque and Cuckoo sings song.

Idols are kept at places of worship, Meera with Shyam,
Whatever one deserves receives that prize.

People distinguishes between Seeta, Ravana and Ram,
But in one body you can find them all.

Mud dissolves in soil, leaving all its traces,
How to recognize who is how much in anybody?

TRANSLATION OF NIDA FAZLI’S SAB KI POOJA EK SI IN ENGLISH AS ‘ALL WORSHIPS ARE SAME’ BY DR. SHAMENAZ BANO







IN THE WORLD OF MOSQUES AND TEMPLES

In the world of Mosques and Temples,
People don’t recognize me.

I come like a moon every day,
and shines like a sun in the day time.

I glitter in my mother’s jewelry,
and keep laughing hidden behind my sisters.

I am in the sweat of a labour,
I am in the raining season.

My picture is the tears of the eyes
My details are in the magic of body.

In the world of Mosques and Temples,
People don’t recognize me.

I often leave the world without living,
and goes back to sky.

I devastate everything becoming God.

TRANSLATION OF NIDA FAZLI’S ‘MASJIDON-MANDIRON KI DUNIYA MEIN’ IN ENGLISH AS ‘IN THE WORLD OF MOSQUES AND TEMPLES’ BY DR. SHAMENAZ BANO







ON FATHER’S DEATH

On Your death
I didn’t come to recite fateha
Because I know
You cannot die
Whosever had spread the news of your death
is a lair
Was it you when
A dried leaf, blown by the wind was broken
My eyes are
seized in your sight till now
Whatever I see
I think
It is the same
Your world which was based on both good and bad name
Nothing has been changed till now
Your hands
Still breathes in my fingers
Whenever I pick pen and paper to write anything
I see you sitting on my chair
Whatever blood I have in my veins
that is yours
Flows with all failures and successes
Hidden in my voices
is your mind
You are in my sickness
You are in my helplessness
Whosever had written your name on your grave
is a liar
I am buried in your grave
You are alive in me
Whenever you get time recite fateha on it.

TRANSLATION OF NIDA FAZLI’S ‘WAALID KI WAFAAT PAR’ IN ENGLISH AS ‘ON FATHER’S DEATH’ BY DR. SHAMENAZ BANO
SHAMENAZ BANO


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Poetess Shamanez. Your Poetry is astounding. Bursting with honesty and human truths which are universal, also demonstrating your own stories from the other side of the earth. (To me, and others.) We are so different, so much the same. Barbara Suen

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! this attempt to let Nida Fazli to reach wider audience is really an appreciable step by you, my sister!

    ReplyDelete